You are browsing the forum as a guest. Log in or register to access additional features.
DailyDrivenTJ.com Forum Index

2137256 visitors since May 16, 2006

DailyDrivenTJ.com
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
 Hello from Michigan! « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
A2SuperCrew
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Hello from Michigan! Reply with quote

Hey Everyone! wave

New to the board here. I recently purchased a 2000 Wrangler SE. It's a 2.5L / Automatic, and has a few other nice options like tilt, air, and a center console. One of the first things I did was get new tires. They are 30" BFG TA KO's. The second mod was a new speedometer gear. :D

It's been an expensive first couple months of ownership, as I discover all the reasons the PO was selling it. With 123,000 miles, I expect stuff to break anyway. Here's the repair list so far. It's mostly just a Jeep thing.

Tune up (Cap, Rotor, Wires, Plugs)
Suspension lube
Exhaust manifold
Cat-Back exhaust
Both Oxygen sensors
Blower Motor Resistor
Blower Motor
Radiator
Rear stabilizer bar bushings
Transmission flush

Before winter I still need to change the fluids in the T-Case and both axles. I also need to pull the starter off and clean it out. The starter gear grinds very slightly on the flywheel on cold start. It's like the spring isn't pulling the gear back fast enough after the engine fires up.

It doesn't burn or leak any fluids, runs great, and drives as smoothly as a Jeep can be expected to drive. Our whole family LOVES it!

I'm looking forward to participating here, and contributing what I can.

Cheers!
Newbeme
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site. Your list of repairs sounds like most of the typical "Jeep" problems. Working on them is part of the fun.
rroadkilll
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Famous
Famous

Welcome and ENJOY the Heep!!!

I love working on mine... I do it with my daughter and she is only 4...

Be Careful... MODing is contagious!!!
A2SuperCrew
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, working on the Jeep is "Zen Time" for me. I really enjoy it. Finish the repair, and take it for a ride with the top off! There is nothing else in this world quite like a topless Jeep ride! My son (13) has helped with some of the work. It's fun to teach him. My daughter (16) just loves to drive it!

Happy Trails! :D
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Daimler-Chrysler Corporation.
DailyDrivenTJ.com is not associated with the Daimler-Chrysler Corp. in any way.
Copyrighted (c) 2006 DailyDrivenTJ.com - All right reserved.
Template Based on DAJ Glass (1.0.8) by Dustin Baccetti
DailyDrivenTJ.com Logo Designed by Michael Kang