You are browsing the forum as a guest. Log in or register to access additional features.
DailyDrivenTJ.com Forum Index

1996917 visitors since May 16, 2006

DailyDrivenTJ.com
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
 Door bolts « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Empire
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: door bolts Reply with quote

i took off my doors for the first time (2000 just bought it this year so i dont know the last time they were taken off; there was some rust on the hinges)

i was getting pissed they were on wicked tight.. finally got them off and cruised around with no doors it was DDTJ awesome. but thats besides the point

when i took them off i noticed there was almost no threading... i assumed you dont need much so maybe its ok

but went to put them back on today and they wont seem to go back on. it looks like the pin broke off inside the bolt.. on all 4.. mad ?? so am i wrong or is the nut supposed to have a hole that goes through both sides?
Newbeme
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off welcome to the site. wave
Are you talking about the nut on the bottom of the hinge pin? If so they really don't provide any purpose other than preventing some one from lifting your doors off, so they don't need a lot of threads. Make sure you lightly scuff you pins with some fine sand paper and lightly grease them with some water proof grease.
Empire
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply

yea thats what im talking about but it seems like the pin snapped off inside the nut.. or is there supposed to be something in there? i can hardly see any threading maybe 2 rows at most

i read that people just leave them off but obviously i dont want to have my doors stolen...

if that is the pin stuck inside the bolt what do you think about glueing the two parts togther so it at least looks like theyre screwed on
Newbeme
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I'm with you now. The threads on mine are just inside the bottom of the nut when it is threaded all the way on, so it is only on a few threads. When the nut is off you can see through it like a normal nut. As for glueing it on I don't know if that is the route I'd go. Maybe a different nut if it can thread on a little further? Hard to tell without seeing it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Daimler-Chrysler Corporation.
DailyDrivenTJ.com is not associated with the Daimler-Chrysler Corp. in any way.
Copyrighted (c) 2006 DailyDrivenTJ.com - All right reserved.
Template Based on DAJ Glass (1.0.8) by Dustin Baccetti
DailyDrivenTJ.com Logo Designed by Michael Kang