You are browsing the forum as a guest. Log in or register to access additional features.
DailyDrivenTJ.com Forum Index

1996894 visitors since May 16, 2006

DailyDrivenTJ.com
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
 Low idle problem « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
JeepJen97
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Low idle problem Reply with quote

HI, newbie here to the forum, had my 97 TJ since 99. wave
Getting ready to replace my cracked exhaust manifold soon, ordered it today. My question I can't find a concrete answer to is whether it can be the cause of my engine idling so low sometimes that it stalls if my foot isn't on the gas. Off and on, not all the time. Just had the idle control valve, catalytic coverter and O2 sensor replaced. Thought the new cat had fixed it because the control valve didn't (thanks Firestone). It just started happening recently before that. No engine light, starts fine, and runs fine after warming up. And again, only happens sporadically. 3 or 4 times in the last couple weeks.
I'm hoping the answer is finally the manifold, because it IS cracked, and needs to be replaced, and I hate the thought of more investigating and work ($$$$) if this doesnt fix that issue either.

Edit: Another twist is that the battery was disconnected right before this started happening too, and the weirdness started. 3 yr old battery. Again, starts up, but differently than it used to, just doesn't run on these few occasions when I take my foot off the gas. May just be coincidence.
SO confused...check engine light came back on just now too. The only other thing Firestone recommended besides the 2 things above was a $129 fuel rail injection service...muffler guy told me a bottle of Techron would do the same thing, and I did that.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Daimler-Chrysler Corporation.
DailyDrivenTJ.com is not associated with the Daimler-Chrysler Corp. in any way.
Copyrighted (c) 2006 DailyDrivenTJ.com - All right reserved.
Template Based on DAJ Glass (1.0.8) by Dustin Baccetti
DailyDrivenTJ.com Logo Designed by Michael Kang