You are browsing the forum as a guest. Log in or register to access additional features.
DailyDrivenTJ.com Forum Index

1996886 visitors since May 16, 2006

DailyDrivenTJ.com
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
 O2 sensor code wont clear after replacement of new sensor. « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
retroman
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: O2 sensor code wont clear after replacement of new sensor. Reply with quote

Hi all. Had a code p0037. Replaced the first sensor before the Cat Con. Conected the battery but engine light and same code cleared for a few minutes but then came back on. Drove the car for a few days but still code and engine light stays on. I also disconnected the second 02 sensor previously and ran the car for a minute so I could determine its code(p0031) Now it also stays on as an error and will not clear even though it had no fault before I disconnected it. Does it take a while for the codes to clear?
jeepajoe
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distinguished
Distinguished

from my experience you need to drive the car at least 150 miles before the code clears....

Joe
BULLJEEP
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: O2 sensor Reply with quote

I Helped!
I Helped!

A P0031 DTC (diagnostic trouble code) refers to the O2 sensor located on in front of the catalytic converter. There is also an oxygen sensor behind the catalytic converter which is Sensor #2. Did you change one or both or the correct one?

wave
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Daimler-Chrysler Corporation.
DailyDrivenTJ.com is not associated with the Daimler-Chrysler Corp. in any way.
Copyrighted (c) 2006 DailyDrivenTJ.com - All right reserved.
Template Based on DAJ Glass (1.0.8) by Dustin Baccetti
DailyDrivenTJ.com Logo Designed by Michael Kang