You are browsing the forum as a guest. Log in or register to access additional features.
DailyDrivenTJ.com Forum Index

1803862 visitors since May 16, 2006

DailyDrivenTJ.com
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
 TPS\MAP sensor error « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ksmurphy57
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: TPS\MAP sensor error Reply with quote

Hello fellow Jeep lovers! I have a question regarding an error code I have received on my 2006 TJ 4x4 manual transmission. I was driving to work last week in this 90+ degree Georgia heat and had the AC on. I was in 4th gear and my Jeep accelerated then decelerated like I accidentally knocked it into 2nd gear. I pushed in the clutch to make sure I was in the correct gear and proceeded to change into 5th gear. At that point the check engine light came on so I stopped by my local Advance Auto to see what the code would be. It came back as P2704 = Maf\Map throttle position correlation at load. My question is - should I replace the TPS sensor or is it perhaps the Map sensor or something else? I took it to my mechanic and he said that he drove it and everything seemed fine and that it only had a 27k miles on it and it was "working the bugs out" and he reset the code. BUT it seems that every time I turn on the AC it does this. Also it seems to be dragging at take off in 1st gear. Please help! Thanks in advance!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Daimler-Chrysler Corporation.
DailyDrivenTJ.com is not associated with the Daimler-Chrysler Corp. in any way.
Copyrighted (c) 2006 DailyDrivenTJ.com - All right reserved.
Template Based on DAJ Glass (1.0.8) by Dustin Baccetti
DailyDrivenTJ.com Logo Designed by Michael Kang